Here are links to sites which may be useful for parents:
- BBC Parenting – The BBC has a thorough guide to parenting, with lots of useful information.
- Ofsted – Find out about the standard of schools and nurseries in your local area.
- Childnet – A non-profit making organisation working directly with children, parents and teachers to ensure that the issues of online child protection and children’s safe and positive use of the internet are addressed. Childnet International produce an online CD guide specifically for parents
- Bullying – One in five young people have experienced bullying by text message or via email. This web site gives advice for children and parents on bullying
- Thinkuknow – The Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre has set up its own educational website which has been designed and written specifically for children, young people, teachers, parents and carers.
- Topmarks for Parents – aimed at parents gives advice on how you can help your child in positive ways and how to support them in their education.